Goodreads Profile

All my book reviews and profile can be found here.

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Review: Deep Freeze by John Sandford (Virgil Flowers #10)

OK, so I've now read or listened to all 10 Virgil Flowers novels. Eric Conger is a terrific reader, btw. This one is not as good as some of the others but still a huge cut better than most novels out there in the genre, and I like them better than the Davenport series, too. Flowers is just a much more interesting character.

As I pointed out in the other Flowers book that takes place in Trippton, MN, Sandford has a bizarre concept of what constitutes a small town. The people all act like the population is barely one hundred, but the town's infrastructure is that of a small city. I have lived in all sizes and his description hits a false note each time. No matter. I still like the books.

Interesting that I don't think Flowers's nickname (that fucking Flowers) comes up at all in this one.

No comments: