Goodreads Profile

All my book reviews and profile can be found here.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Excellent screed

This guy nails it. I heard a great line the other day. It's about as impossible to teach Democrats fiscal responsibility as it is to teach Republicans decency.

Christian Republicans?

Other comments:

John Adams: ""This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it."

""Ecclesiastical establishments tend to great ignorance and corruption, all of which facilitate the execution of mischievous projects." - James Madison

"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any Church that I know of. My own mind is my own Church. Each of those churches accuse the other of unbelief; and for my own part, I disbelieve them all." - Thomas Paine

No comments: