Goodreads Profile

All my book reviews and profile can be found here.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Is Ross Ulbricht, Silk Road’s pirate king, a mobster or a martyr? | Technology | The Guardian

I'm sure the parents whose children died of drug-related issues want to strike out at Silk Road.  But their argument seems to sound much like those who want to blame the gun manufacturer for how their product is used. Now even I, a gun-regulation-nut, thinks that not a fair position. Just how much responsibility should the maker of a product bear for the misuse of is product.  If Ulbricht really just wanted to create an anonymous and untraceable way for people to communicate, should that in principle be illegal?  And if he made a lot of money from his design should he be punished so harshly for its misuse?  Did he promote its use among drug dealers?  I don't know, but it seems to me the answers to those questions should have a bearing on the outcome.

'via Blog this'

No comments: