Goodreads Profile

All my book reviews and profile can be found here.

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Frankling Graham Continues the Familial Tradition of Defining the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing Idiom

"A wolf in sheep's clothing is an idiom of Biblical origin used to describe those playing a role contrary to their real character with whom contact is dangerous, particularly false teachers." (Wikipedia)

Billy Graham often eulogized Richard Nixon, a president who was so in love with power it subsumed him. Graham himself worshiped at the feet of power, attaching himself to the powerful. He failed to see how it began to corrupt him and his message. That descent continues apace as his son Franklin oleaginously effusively praises Trump, a man he claims God has put in the presidency. (Can one assume God did the same with Obama and James Buchanan?) This is an unedited transcript of a recording made of Trump during the 1016 campaign (you can listen to it in full here :

Donald J. Trump: You know and ...

Unknown: She used to be great. She’s still very beautiful.

Trump: I moved on her, actually. You know, she was down on Palm Beach. I moved on her, and I failed. I’ll admit it.

Unknown: Whoa.

Trump: I did try and fuck her. She was married.

Unknown: That’s huge news.

Trump: No, no, Nancy. No, this was [unintelligible] — and I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping.She wanted to get some furniture. I said, “I’ll show you where they have some nice furniture.” I took her out furniture —

I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.

Billy Bush: Sheesh, your girl’s hot as shit. In the purple.

Trump: Whoa! Whoa!

Bush: Yes! The Donald has scored. Whoa, my man!

[Crosstalk]

Trump: Look at you, you are a pussy.

Now, I'm no prude, but I find that kind of conversation extremely offensive. Franklin Graham seems to think it's OK for his president to speak thus. Had Obama said anything close to that and he would have been pilloried. And for Graham to suggest he see God's work in Trump's White House is just plain blasphemy. The only thing I can think of is that Graham has sold his soul to the devil and truly become the proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing.

No comments: