Goodreads Profile

All my book reviews and profile can be found here.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Borderlands by Brian McGilloway | LibraryThing

I read the second  in the Inspector Devlin series, Gallows Lane,  first.  This is the first in the series, and it would be extremely difficult to summarize the book without giving away huge spoilers. I’ll just say that it involves the investigation into the deaths of several young people, all connected by a ring, a woman who disappeared many years before, financial misdeeds by a politician, possibly the IRA, and some policemen.

Then there’s also something that’s been ripping up Devlin’s neighbor’s sheep.  The neighbor is sure it’s Frank, Devlin’s daughter’s dog.  

A really good police procedural with so many twists and blind alleys it’s difficult to keep up. My only complaint is that, unlike Adrian McKinty, McGilloway isn’t as skillful in delivering a sense of place which I especially like in stories that take place in Ireland.

Nevertheless, I look forward to the third in the series.  I’ll buy all of them.  I will also have to sample his other series with DS Lucy Black as the protagonist.

'via Blog this'

No comments: