Goodreads Profile

All my book reviews and profile can be found here.

Monday, March 23, 2015

Belfast Noir (Akashic Noir) by Adrian McKinty | LibraryThing

I'm not much of a fan of short fiction.  Often I find that authors either don't know when to bring the story to a close, or, they end them too abruptly. But I do like to discover new authors through collections, and the series of city-based Noir tales published by Akashic (soon they might run out of cities;  I doubt we'll see a Pelican Rapids Noir) can occasionally be a gold mine for finding new authors.  How many I discover will affect my rating.

Edited by two favorite authors, Adrian McKinty and Stuart Neville, this one is devoted to stories in or around Belfast.  There were a couple I really enjoyed, some others that were just OK, and a few that got quickly skimmed after reading the first couple pages.  Generally, those written by authentic Irish authors fared the best.  Unfortunately, there were too few stories that gripped me.


'via Blog this'

No comments: