Goodreads Profile

All my book reviews and profile can be found here.

Wednesday, January 02, 2019

I rarely watch TV, in fact it hasn't even been on in weeks except for one Netflix movie. This morning I was reminded why. We were staying at a hotel while visiting the kids, and I thought rather than fire up the laptop I could quickly tune in to the weather. Wrong. All I found on the morning shows -- all of them -- was incessant self-promotional babel and giggle time about the each person's silly little peccadilloes. The weather, what there was of it, scrolled across the bottom of the screen providing only the barest hint that the ice might be a problem. The narcissistic clamor was interrupted only by a multitude of commercials. Wasteland doesn't begin to describe it. And these folks make millions?

No comments: