Goodreads Profile

All my book reviews and profile can be found here.

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Review: The Defense by Steve Cavanagh

I have several mp3 players, each with different genre of books and I switch between them depending on my mood; sometimes history, sometimes biography, mysteries, music, etc. while I'm walking the dog, making dinner, cleaning the bedroom or bathroom, laundry, whatever.  My wife has Parkinson's so I have several CNA type duties.  I listened to this book while walking the dog, and he got some extra long walks.

 

This book is the first in the Eddie Flynn series. To give you an idea of how intriguing this book was, it became almost impossible to pick another book to hear.  It was spellbinding as Eddie found himself in an impossible situation, being forced to defend a Russian gangster or risk his own life or that of his daughter.  He's a lawyer and con artist and cleverly manages each trial (in both literal and figurative sense) with aplomb. The mix of complicated con with clever courtroom strategy and drama was unique and well done.

 

Excellent.  I will read/listen to them all. Excellent narration by Adam Sims.

 

 

No comments: